Bob’s association with Elk and Elk began in 1992. Then, in 1999, Bob became one of the first attorneys in Ohio to be certified as a specialist in the field of workers' compensation. His certification required him to pass a written exam, demonstrate substantial involvement in workers' compensation, fulfill enhanced educational requirements and undergo a rigorous peer evaluation.
Bob has argued before the Supreme Court of Ohio and has lectured on several workers' compensation issues. He is currently of counsel to Elk and Elk representing injured workers before the Bureau of Workers' Compensation and the Industrial Commission of Ohio.
Bob worked as a law clerk to the U.S. District Court Judge, Ben Green. He then practiced workers' compensation law with a large firm for 10 years.
- Case Western Reserve University Law School, Cleveland, Ohio
- J.D. - 1979
- Case Western Reserve
- M.B.A. - 1979
Honors and Awards
- Leading Lawyer by Inside Business, December 2010
- Ohio Super Lawyer by Cincinnati Magazine, 2004
- Top three workers' compensation attorneys by Inside Business Magazine, 2001 - 2003
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Cleveland Bar Association
- Richland County Bar Association